- Your Money Or Your Life – Pushes the idea that you need to think about your spending relative to hours of your life worked, rather than just dollars.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad – Great story about growing up and having another father figure that he learned from to be financially responsible.
- Here are some Reddit communities worth checking out
Blogs & Sites
- Mr. Money Mustache – A classic in the FIRE community
- minafi – In addition to a blog, hosts content for folks wanting to learn more about FI
- Graham Stephan – Covers many FI-related topics like real estate, credit card hacking, living within a buget / focusing on savings, etc.
- One Big Happy Life – They’ve been posting monthly financial updates for quite awhile, along with a lot of other content
- Next Level Life – Creates educational content about personal finances
- Dave Ramsey – Bootcamp instructor to get you out of debt
- WhiteBoard Finance – See the math behind finance decisions
Yes, some of these could be considered competitors to a tool I’m creating. However, each one is used by many and serves different purposes and/or is liked by different people. The best community is one that knows what’s available and chooses what they like. Try them all and use what works for you!
- Personal Capital – Portfolio aggregation, free-to-use for account aggregation with available investment help for hire.
- Mint.com – Account aggregation, free-to-use thanks to ads.
- YNAB – Focused on helping you budget, using a pretty unique technique.
I’ll include a form here sometime, for now email me them at email@example.com!